Global fast-food restaurant chain Burger King was established in 1954 by David Edgerton and James McLamore. It had more than 18,000 sites spread over more than 100 countries as of 2018.
There are more than 1400 Burger King locations in India. In India, the cost of a franchise is Rs 1.5 crore for a single location and Rs 3 crore for two locations.
By the conclusion of this fiscal year, the company also intends to add more outlets in India.
It quick expansion in India can be ascribed to several elements, including its low operating costs, hospitable business climate, and strong consumer demand.
Over the previous four years, the company has reported a 25% annual growth rate in India alone.
- In India, the Burger King brand is well-known and esteemed. If your restaurant is known as Burger King, potential customers will be more likely to go there.
- In India, starting a Burger King franchise is not too expensive. It enables it to be a cost-effective choice for new restaurateurs.
- Burgers are in high demand in India, so when your business opens you can anticipate a full crowd.
- You can be sure that the cuisine at a Burger King restaurant in India will be of a high caliber because these establishments frequently have the most up-to-date cooking and culinary equipment.
Things to ensure before owning a burger king franchise
Consider the following before investing in a Burger King franchise in India. Here are five important things to think about:
1. The Cost of a Franchise: The location, size, and condition of the restaurant will all have an impact on the price of a Burger King franchise in India.
The cost of a Burger King franchise in India typically ranges from Rs 2 crore to Rs 3 crore. To fully grasp the fees involved, it is crucial to chat with a knowledgeable franchise consultant before making a choice.
2. Location: Choosing a Burger King franchise requires careful consideration of the area. Burger King restaurants are situated in highly trafficked, active commercial districts.
3. Competition: It’s crucial to completely comprehend the competition before purchasing a Burger King franchise.
There are numerous fast-food restaurants in India, like McD’s, KFC, and Subway, so the burger business you select needs to have a distinctive selling proposition (USP). If not, you might have to contend with these well-known brands’ fierce competition.
4. Conduct market research: The first step is to conduct market research and determine the Burger King franchise market in India.
Numerous elements need to be taken into account, including competition, population, economic stability, and food culture. Before committing, be sure you understand exactly what you’re getting into.
5. Be realistic: It’s crucial to estimate the cost of launching a Burger King franchise in India. It comprises the original outlay as well as staffing and equipment costs.
Don’t spend more than you can afford only to increase the success of your business; instead, be realistic about your financial situation.
The cost of a burger king franchise in Indian rupees
With more than 28,000 locations across 100 countries, Burger King is one of the most well-known fast-food restaurant brands in the world. Burgers, fries, pizza, sandwiches, and desserts are just a few of the menu items that the business serves.
Prospective owners must first obtain a license from the franchisor to operate a Burger King franchise in India. In India, a Burger King franchise requires an Rs. 25 lakhs upfront investment.
The first outlay is Rs. 5 lakh. A Burger King franchise in India has annual operating expenses of Rs 2.5 crore. A Burger King franchise in India makes a total of Rs 25 crore in annual income.